Aquamix Tile, Stone and Grout Cleaning products and tips
6 December 2019
Tile and Stone Maintenance and Cleaning - Everyday Cleaning
A ready-to-use, powerful, multi-purpose tile and grout spray cleaner that cleans and deodorises kitchens and bathrooms. It removes grease, grime, and dirt, including kitchen traffic dirt. AquaKleen™ also leaves bathrooms bright and clean and effectively cleans grout joints. AquaKleen™ is ideal for everyday use.
- Powerful, multi-purpose spray cleaner
- Easily cleans all tile and stone surfaces
- Ideal for everyday use – we recommend using microfibre cloths for cleaning.
Suitable Tile Types: Water-safe kitchen and bathroom surfaces, anywhere grease or dirt is a problem: ceramic surfaces, natural stone, tile, porcelain, grout, plastic, glass, fiberglass, cultured marble, metal surfaces laminate, and fixtures. Excellent for cleaning basins, tubs and tiles.
Limitations to the Product:
- Do not allow the product to come in contact with any non-recommended
- Surfaces. This product should not be used to clean utensils, glassware or dishes.
- Not recommended for painted surfaces.
Tile and Stone Maintenance and Cleaning - Weekly Cleaning
Aquamix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner
A super-concentrated cleaner formulated for everyday use. This neutral cleaner, when used regularly, prevents soap scum buildup and hard water deposits. The concentrated formula leaves a room smelling clean and fresh.
- Biodegradable formula.
- Ideal for everyday use.
- Concentrated –mix 50 mls to a 5-litre bucket of water.
- Neutral pH formula.
- We recommend using microfibre mops and towels.
Suitable Tile Types: Natural stone (such as granite, limestone, marble, slate, and Travertine, Ceramic, Porcelain, Grout, Quarry, Saltillo, Terra-cotta, Cement Pavers, Masonry Surfaces, and other water-safe surfaces.
Benefits of Product in the Installation: Removes most common dirt, Neutral pH.
Tile and Stone Maintenance and Sealing
Sealers Choice Gold
A premium, no-sheen, natural look, water-based, penetrating sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer.
- May be used as a pre-grouting sealer
- Allows moisture vapour transmission
- The NEW Rapid Cure Formula protects in less than 4 hours
- Designed to achieve optimal penetration into dense, low-porosity surfaces
- Sealers Choice Gold has Microban, antimicrobial additive.
Suitable Tile Types: As a sealer or grout release for all natural stone surfaces, unglazed tile, porcelain, clay pavers, concrete, brick, masonry, and grout. For interior and exterior use.
Limitations to the Product: Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface may slightly lighten or darken some surfaces - Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic.
Application of Product: Read entire label before using. Apply liberally using a new mop, paint pad applicator, sponge or brush. Allow it to penetrate for up to 5 minutes. Wipe surface completely dry using clean, dry cotton or paper towels after each application. Porous surfaces may require additional applications. Conduct a test to see if surface is completely sealed after 2 hours by applying drops of water on the surface. If it penetrates, apply an additional coat. If a residue is visible on the surface after drying, remove it with water and a white nylon scrub pad 60 minutes after application.
Pre-Grout Sealer/Grout Release: Porous tile, such as clay and Saltillo pavers, can be stained by grout during installation. Sealing the tile before grouting will make grout removal much easier. Apply two coats of sealer according to directions after tile has been bonded for a minimum of 24 hours, or apply to front face of tile before installation.
Drying Time: Allow 30 minutes drying time between coats. Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours. Keep dry for 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment: Clean tools and hands with soap and water immediately after use.
Recommended cleaning system for sticky tiled floors
Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner
It is quite common for tiled floor areas to develop a sticky surface, making it hard to clean and hard to walk on, it can in some cases create a slippery surface when wet. This generally occurs from cleaner residue being retained on the floor after the cleaning process.
Key points to remember when cleaning tiled floors, especially larger commercial areas.
- Make sure you have clean water and replace this cleaning water several times during cleaning process.
- Use a suitable Microfibre Cleaning Mop – microfibre is one of the few cleaning tools that will lift the contamination off the floor, not just move it around.
- Using AQUA MIX HD TILE & GROUT CLEANER mix with water 3 parts to 1 part cleaner,applied to the surface using a mop or sponge and left to dwell for 3-5 minutes, up to 10 minutes for heavily soiled areas, agitate with a scrub brush or nylon scrub pad, rinse thoroughly with clean water and mop up the liquid.
For heavily contaminated areas you may need to repeat the process, refer to the Technical Data Sheet for all cautions and additional recommendations prior to starting. Do not allow cleaner to encounter non-recommended surfaces.
Grout Maintenance and Cleaning
Grout Deep Clean
A powerful cleaner designed to remove grease, food stains, soap scum, hard water deposits, dirt and soil from grout joints. Restores colour and appearance of dirty and stained grout. Also prepares existing grout joints for sealing with Aqua Mix® Grout Sealer.
- Advanced stain-pulling power
- For use in heavily soiled and neglected areas
- Safely cleans dirt, grease and food stains
Suitable Tile Types: Cementitious sanded and un-sanded grout joints and the surrounding stone and tile.
Limitations to the Product: Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface. May adversely affect grout joints that have been coated with a colorant or grout stain
Instructions: Application of Product; Read entire label before using. Sweep, vacuum or wipe surface. Apply Grout Deep Clean onto grout joint. Allow to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes. Agitate with nylon scrub brush or white scrub pad. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Allow 2 hours drying time before sealing with Aqua Mix® Grout Sealer.
Cleaning of equipment: Clean tools and hands with water before material dries.
ADDITIONAL AQUAMIX PRODUCTS.
There are additional products that can be used for grout cleaning, please refer to Aquamix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner, Aquamix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner.